Why was my requisition rejected when I submitted the invoice and the cost was below $10,000?

The requisition was disapproved because a requisition must be accompanied by a quotation not an invoice.

Why was my requisition rejected when I submitted a quote under $15,000 from an off-island vendor?

All purchases between $10,000.00 to $49,999.99 from an off-island or on-island vendor must include at least three (3) quotations or be justified as a sole source.

What documents should a user agency submit to DPP to request the solicitation of services?

User Agencies must submit a justification letter requesting advertisement along with the funding source and a copy of the Scope of Work/Services.

What is the procedure for adding a new vendor?

The new vendor request should be submitted to DPP and shall include a request to add vendor letter and current W-9 form for individuals. For business entities, a request to add vendor letter, a current W-9 form and all vendor supporting business documentation must be submitted. (A list of vendor required business documents can be found on DPP’s website under the Resources > Forms & Documents>Procurement tab).

How can I get a Purchase Order modified?

User Agencies must submit a request to the Office of the Commissioner of DPP, stating the cause for the modification and the revision(s) needed.

How long is a Purchase Order valid?

POs tied to unexecuted contracts going through the procurement process are valid for 180 days (DOF SOPP #305). If unexpended but required, User Agencies must contact the Department of Finance and request an extension.

What is the process for approving a contract?

Contracts must be submitted to DPP, inclusive of a transmittal letter, all vendor supporting business documentation, and proof of funding source(s).

Where can I find a copy of the Government’s standard contracts and forms?

You can obtain copies of the Government’s contracts and forms on DPP’s website, under the Resources > Forms & Documents> Procurement tab and the Templates Folder in the OPCMR SharePoint©.

What documents are required to support a vendor’s contract?

DPP’s website provides a list of vendor types and the vendor documents necessary for contracting. This checklist can be found under the Resources > Forms & Documents> Procurement tab.

Who is required to be registered with SAM.gov?

All entities doing business with the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands must have a current SAM.gov registration.

When should I use an MOU versus an MOA?

A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is used when there is no exchange of funds between the parties for the performance of tasks. A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) is used when funds or in-kind services are being exchanged.

How long must a request for advertising services be posted?

The Government’s solicitations are typically posted for a minimum of 30 days (with some exceptions to the rule).

As a private business owner, can I purchase Office Supplies and Household items from the Department of Property and Procurement?

Yes, you may purchase office supplies from the Department of Property and Procurement through our Central Stores division. Our inventory includes a wide range of supplies from cleaning products to printing paper. Please contact Central Stores at 340.773.1561 (STX) or 340.774.0828 (STT).

Why is there a difference in prices between St. Croix and St. Thomas Central Stores?

Prices may vary because different vendors are used between both districts.

Can I request a list of the items that Central Stores carries?

You may contact Central Stores directly at 340.773.1561 (STX) or 340.774.0828 (STT). In addition, you can also download the Central Stores Warehouse Catalog located under Resources > Forms & Docs > Procurement.

Where can I obtain a copy of the Procurement Rules and Regulations?

You may download a copy of the Procurement Rules and Regulations from our website located under Resources > Forms & Docs > Procurement. You may also obtain a copy by contacting our Offices directly.

How do I qualify my business for a Preferred Bidder Certificate?

You will need to complete and submit an application to be considered for Preferred Bidder status. You may download a copy of the application for a Preferred Bidder’s Certificate on our website under Resources > Forms & Docs > Procurement. You may also obtain a copy by contacting our Offices directly.

o you offer delivery service of large orders through Central Stores?

We currently do not offer this service at this time, but the department will take this request under consideration

Why is pick ticket purchasing preferred versus a purchase order for Central Stores purchasing?

Pick ticket purchasing provides a faster method for receiving inter-agency transactions because funds are received immediately, and the order is processed and ready for pick up the same day.

Does Central Stores donate to charity or non-profit organizations?

All donation/charity requests should be submitted in writing to the Commissioner of Property and Procurement for review and approval.

When creating a pick ticket do, I need to assign a vendor number?

No, vendor numbers are not required, and this field should intentionally be left blank. You are only required to input a vendor number if requesting a purchase order (PO).

Is there a way for me to note special instructions for Central Stores on my order?

Yes, you may note special instructions for delivery in the General Notes area e.g. which division and the contact person for the order.

After I have received an approved order, how long will it take for items to be filled?

Once your order is received, it is processed and filled the same day and can be picked up the following day.

Do I need to enter a commodity code?

Yes, you must enter the product(s) commodity code in the required field or your order will be rejected.

Do product prices vary?

Yes, they change over time due to market conditions and based on an internal FIFO system.

Are Government employees permitted to visit Central Stores and purchase supplies?

Yes, all Government employees may purchase supplies from Central Stores.

Do you sell furniture and computers?

No, currently we do not.

Does the Print Shop provide graphic design services?

Yes. The Printing Division offers this service individually or in addition to printing costs per job.

How are shipping costs handled for the island of St. Croix?

Currently we do NOT ship. However, the items can be picked up by a 3rd party and shipped to you.

How do I request a print job?

A print job be may be requested by downloading and completing the Print Job Request Form and emailing it to printing@dpp.vi.gov.

  1. Government Printing Job Request Form
  2. Printing Job Request Form (Business/Individual)

How do I request document shredding services?

Shredding services may be requested by downloading and completing the Document Disposal Form and emailing it to printing@dpp.vi.gov

Does the Print Shop provide services to businesses and the public?

Services are provided to Government agencies, businesses, event promoters, and the public.

What type of printing jobs does the Print Shop produce?

The Print Shops provides a variety of printing jobs to include documents copies/prints, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, brochures, pamphlets, booklets, memorial booklets, invitations, tent cards, carbon forms/pads, note pads, tickets, flyers, and posters.

Does the Print Shop have a portfolio of sample jobs?

Samples of previous print jobs are available for viewing upon request digitally or in person.

How is pricing determined?

Pricing is structured based on a combination of criteria:

  1. Type of service requested;
  2. Paper stock weight;
  3. Ink color; and
  4. Turnaround time

What is the cost per flyer or poster size page in black/white and full color?

The cost for printing is as follows:

Letter Size (Prints)

8.5x11 Text weight = $.20p/s B/W
8.5x11 Text Weight = $.35p/s Color
8.5x11 Cover Stock = $.40p/s B/W
8.5x11 Cover Stock = $.50p/s Color

Legal Size (Prints)

8.5x14 Text Weight = $.35p/s B/W
8.5x14 Text Weight = $.50p/s Color
8.5x14 Cover Stock = $.75p/s B/W
8.5x14 Cover Stock = $1.25p/s Color

Tabloid Size (Prints)

11x17 Text Weight = $1.25p/s B/W
11x17 Text Weight = $1.50p/s Color
11x17 Cover Stock = $1.75p/s B/W
11x17 Cover Stock = $2.00p/s Color

p/s = Per Side

.07 cents 8.5 x 11  and .70 cents 11x 17

What type of services does the Print Shop provide?

The Printing Division offers full-service printing, graphic design, document cutting/trimming/folding/stapling/perforating, shredding, and binding services.

Does the Print Shop have a catalog?

Currently we do NOT, however, we are available to discuss printing jobs on a case by case basis.

Does the Print Shop produce promotional materials and t-shirts?

Not at this time.

What is the average turnaround time for orders?

The average turnaround time for printing jobs is seven (7) business days – depending on the job requirements and availability of special materials. Rush service is available for an additional fee starting at $100 and up dependent on the job size.

How can I see an inventory of properties the GVI owns?

GVI owned properties are available on USVILeasing.com, MapGeoUSVI.com and Recorder of Deed archives

What does it cost to lease GVI owned property?

The cost varies based on the appraisals and is calculated based on the property type, condition, size, location and zoning.

Does the GVI sell real property?

The GVI pursuant to policy does NOT sell property but leases property through short or long-term lease agreements.

What is the difference between a short- term and long-term lease agreement?

A short-term agreement is for one (1) year or less, and a long-term agreement is for more than one (1) year.

How long does the Leasing process take?

After a proposal is submitted, accepted, and agreed upon by DPP and all required documentation is submitted it usually takes an average of three (3) months to process based on the appraisal time.

Who approves lease agreements?

Based on the properties terms and conditions involved, approval is sought from the Commissioner of DPP, Attorney General for legal sufficiency, Governor, and the VI Legislature (for all leases in excess of one year)

Does DPP cover the cost of renovations for leased business and commercial properties?

No, leaseholders are responsible for the renovation and build out of leased properties.

What are the requirements to lease Government properties?

Available properties may be found on USVILeasing.com

Can I purchase Government Property for residential use?


Why does DPP have to repeatedly inspect GVI property being leased?

Lessees are responsible for all repairs and maintenance of the properties pursuant to the terms of the leases. DPP must inspect the properties to ensure Lessees are in compliance with the lease terms and to protect the Government’s interest.

Is Property & Procurement responsible for repairs on properties the Government is leasing from private landlords?

The Government is not responsible for structural or exterior repairs in Office leases. However, depending on the terms negotiated, the user agency may be responsible for minor interior repairs.

The Government is not responsible for structural or exterior repairs in Office leases. However, depending on the terms negotiated, the user agency may be responsible for minor interior repairs

The Government requires liability coverage to protect third parties, the Lessee and the Government in the event of injury or property damage.

Can a User Agency negotiate a lease without contacting the Department of Property and Procurement?

No. Pursuant to Title 31, Section 232(3) and Title 3, Section 218(a)(8) of the Virgin Islands Code, DPP is responsible for leasing office space on behalf of the Government. Therefore, all agencies must contact the Department of Property and Procurement – Division of Property for all leasing needs.

Are the Government’s buildings insured?

Yes, through commercial insurance for property damage and through the Government’s Self – Insurance mechanisms for third party liability.

How can an agency dispose of damaged or dilapidated items?

Once an item is being removed from the inventory and disposed of:

  1. Contact DPP for inspection and approval.
  2. Arrange for transportation of the item to be transported to the landfill for proper disposal.
  3. Schedule appointment for DPP to accompany user agency to landfill to ensure items are disposed of in compliance with the rules and regulations.

If the items do not have a tag, can an employee request the item?

No. Pursuant to DPP Policy all purchases made for government agencies/departments must have an identification tag evidencing the funding source.

Why do assets have to be tagged?

To keep a proper inventory of items and to be able to identify the funding source for proper record keeping.

Can the agency request a roll of tags?

No. Only the DPP Asset Management Division is authorized to tag Government property

Why do user agencies have to pay to dispose of electronic waste?

The Government utlizes private companies to discard eWaste.

Can user agencies dispose of eWaste at the Territory’s landfills?

No. Agencies must follow the procedures outlined by DPP to dispose of all items in its inventory. It is illegal to throw electronic waste in the Territory’s landfills. Agencies must:

  1. Obtain authorization from DPP to discard assets.
  2. Select a  licensed vendor through the GVI’s procurement process to arrange disposal.

Is there a storage facility where the user agency can store unwanted equipment?

No. Please contact DPP to remove items from inventory and arrange for disposal.

Why does the agency have to submit the fixed asset & purchase order form if it was submitted with the justification request?

The documents are needed to collaborate with the items tagged.

Can the Government turn over surplus personal property to a non-profit organization ?

Yes, the process is as follows:

  1. Approval must be granted from DPP.
  2. Item must be removed from the former agency’s inventory
  3. Transfer form must be completed.
  4. GVI identification tag must be removed.

Can one Government agency turn over surplus personal property to another Government agency?

  1. Yes, a Transfer Form must be completed and submitted to DPP for approval. 
  2. The item is then removed from the former agency’s inventory and registered under the new agency.
  3. Item is tagged to the new agency.

Can an employee request the assets that the agency is disposing?

No. The Government cannot gift items to its employees. DPP must comply with Title 31, Section 242 of the Virgin Islands Code when disposing of surplus or obsolete items.

Do the tags have to be removed when items are being disposed?


Can the Accountable Officer also be a Survey Member?


How can the agency obtain the Report Number on the Report of Survey?

The Department of Property and Procurement issues the report number therefore, agencies should contact DPP.

Are the Government’s vehicles insured?

Yes, the vehicles are covered under the Government’s property damage policies, when parked and through the Government’s self-insurance mechanisms while being operated.

What is the frequency of government vehicle auctions?

Vehicle auctions are held every three (3) months. The auctions are advertised on the Department of Property and Procurement website, local radio stations, print media, and the Government Access Channel.

Can I purchase a vehicle without attending the Public Auction?

No. However, after an auction is completed, if there are vehicles that have not been sold, they may be sold via sealed bid. DPP reserves the right to sell vehicles by sealed bid but it can also decide to hold the vehicle for a future auction, transfer to another agency, or otherwise dispose of it.

How can my agency request a 24-hour red sticker?

Requests for twenty-four (24) hour red stickers must be requested in writing from the agency head of that department/agency to the Commissioner of the Department of Property and Procurement for approval.

How can my agency request a private license plate for a Government vehicle?

Only the Governor, Lt. Governor, Law Enforcement and the Judicial Branch of Government are authorized by law to utilize private license plates. Requests must be submitted in writing by the agency head of the above-mentioned department/agency to the Commissioner of the Department of Property and Procurement which will then be forwarded to the Governor for final approval.

Can agencies bring their vehicles to Property and Procurement to be washed and detailed?

Yes. However, the facility is set up as a self-service. Coupons for the car wash can be purchased from the Fiscal Division in the Property and Procurement main building and exchanged for tokens to activate the machine at the Motor Pool (STT). This service is not available in St. Croix at this time.

Can user agencies within the Executive Branch purchase vehicles without DPP’s approval?

No. Agencies must submit a written justification letter to the DPP Commissioner requesting approval to purchase vehicles and follow the steps to have the purchase authorized via the ERP system.

Can user agencies within the Executive Branch purchase vehicles that do not comply with DPP’s standardization specifications?

No. All agencies must purchase vehicles consistent with the standardization guidelines and/or the approval issued by DPP.

How do I utilize the gas card?


The Total Pass Petroleum System is only utilized in St. Thomas at this time.

The steps for the usage of the gas card are as follows:

  1. Enter authorized driver’s full name and employee number in the Total Pass System;
  2. Give the card to the cashier, notify him/her of the amount of fuel you would like;
  3. The Cashier will swipe the card;
  4. Employee will enter the last four (4) digits of the vehicle VIN #;
  5. The employee will enter the odometer (mileage) details of vehicle;
  6. The employee will enter their employee ID number;
  7. Pump the fuel; and
  8. The employee will return to the cashier to sign the receipt.

*Please note: All vehicles are issued a gas card that embeds the vehicle information. The card can only be used for the assigned vehicle.

**All agencies/departments are given a credit limit.


What information is required for the station attendant for gas coupons?


All Government employees attempting to fuel a government vehicle must provide coupon with the following information:

  1. The Department/Agency’s name that the vehicle is assigned to;
  2. The vehicle license plate number;
  3. Employee number;
  4. Coupon with printed name and signature; and
  5. Government issued ID.

How do I determine the available balance on the gas card?

Authorized employees who have access to the Total Pass System have the ability to view the account balance online.

Can I put premium gas instead of regular gas in the Government vehicles?




What should I do if a gas card is lost?

The Agency/Department must contact the Transportation Division to request and justify the card’s replacement. The Agency/Department will also be billed $10.00 per replacement card.

What should I do if I am operating a Government vehicle and become involved in an accident?

  1. Do not move the vehicle;
  2. Call 911 immediately to report the accident;
  3. Contact your Supervisor;
  4. Take pictures of the accident scene;
  5. Notify DPP Transportation Division;
  6. If the vehicle requires a wrecker, request the wrecker from DPP’s Transportation Division; and
  7. Complete Vehicle Accident Report Form on DPP website.
  8. Obtain a police report and submit it along with photos and DPP Vehicle Accident Report Form to DPP.

What should I do if I am operating a Government vehicle and it breaks down?

Call DPP Division of Transportation and provide the vehicle location, Department/agency’s name, license plate number, make, model and color. A DPP wrecker will be dispatched to provide assistance.

Is the agency responsible for replacing a lost/damaged key or key fob?

Yes. The agency/department will be required to go to the dealership or locksmith to receive a quote(s) to be entered into the ERP System. Please ensure that the chosen vendor is registered with the Government of the VI.

What is the process to request a loaner vehicle?

A loaner vehicle must be requested in advance to the Commissioner of DPP. Approval is granted on a first-come first-served basis by the Commissioner and then forwarded to the Division of Transportation for scheduling.

How do I request vehicle maintenance or repairs?


Requests for vehicle maintenance and repairs are handled as follows:

  1. Agency/Department calls DPP Motor Pool to make an appointment for service;
  2. Work order is generated;
  3. Vehicle is assigned to the Mechanic;
  4. Vehicle is assessed for damages;
  5. Notes are given to the Coordinator/Superintendent;
  6. An estimate is generated; and
  7. Estimate is given to the Agency/Department so Purchase Order can be generated to process payment to DPP.

What does the TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) gauge on the dashboard mean?

The TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) indicates that the tire needs air.

Are individuals who are not Government employees permitted to drive or ride in Government vehicles?

No. Only Government employees are permitted to drive or ride in Government vehicles.

Please explain the vehicle moratorium.

Pursuant to Memorandum No. 02-2020 dated December 13, 2019, DPP is mandated to ensure that agencies purchase fuel-efficient, hybrid, electric, and alternative fueled vehicles.
The Virgin Islands Fire Service, Department of Public Works, Virgin Islands Police Department and Emergency Medical Technicians, anticipates that bucket trucks, repair trucks, and other specialty vehicles will be exempt from this moratorium on gasoline-fueled vehicles, in the event that hybrid or alternative fueled vehicles are not available, feasible or cost effective in accordance with Title 12, Section 1129(d)(3) and (4) of the Virgin Islands Code.

What does the government vehicle self-insurance policy cover?

In instances where a Government employee is deemed to be at fault in a vehicular accident and that employee was acting within the scope of their employment (i.e. official duties), the Virgin Islands Tort Claims Act (33 V.I.C.§3401 et seq.) provides a mechanism to address property damage, personal injury and wrongful death suffered by the other party.

Can a non-profit organization request the use of a loaner vehicle?

The use of Government vehicles is restricted to official Government Use only.